spunkybluecat

Our adventures in postcard exchange.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Babies!!

We finally have our baby chicks. I've been waiting patiently while the hens sat. I didn't think we'd have any because the hens kept switching nests on me but here they are. Too cute! Ten total and more on the way if the others sit long enough. I know it sounds like I'll have a ton of chicks but they all won't make it. The last chicks we had went from a total of ten to one. The local predators don't waste time. The kids are in LOVE....


















Here is Telula with her little ones. And then another of Telula and Lemoney with all the chicks. Lemony has already pecked Caleb and one of our dogs (Yoakum) for getting to close. The kids won't leave them alone though so I guess they will have to learn the hard way (peck). Ginger also has 2 chicks. I'm going to post more soon. peep...peep...peep

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home