spunkybluecat

Our adventures in postcard exchange.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Projects

I finally started a project on the adjustable loom I got from Lynn Markman. I had also bought some of her yarn and that is what I am using on the loom. I decided to try to make a small flat bottom purse. I knitted several rows (long enough to fit across the space between the pegs) and then put the loops onto the pegs all the way around. Now I will just keep wrapping in the round. Once I get the length of the purse I want I will probably bind off the front edge and then just work the back edge for a flap to go over the top. On one of the side pieces I plan on using those three pegs to make the strap. It'll almost be done in one piece. The adjustable loom is such a good idea. It's really versatile. It's pretty much an all-you-need in one loom. You have your round looms, single rake and double rake right there. They may be a little more expensive than your basic KK set but then you wouldn't need to get any other types of looms either (unless you wanted different gauges). I'll try to post more as I go to see how it turns out. THANK YOU LYNN!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home