spunkybluecat

Our adventures in postcard exchange.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Xmas presents...nobody in the family can read this!

I bought the kids skates for Xmas last year. Bubby and Sissy use theirs all the time but when I put Ella in hers the first time and stood her up she got off balance and fell back into to me and immediately wanted them off. That was many many months ago. Well, today she decided to try them again. She did good. She's chug chug chugging along in the first one, fell ( but didn't cry) and went around the house again. The second time she fell, I knew that was it. I felt it. She smacked her butt pretty good. How come they don't make butt pads? The kids all inherited their Dad's behind (TMI, I know) thank God. I have padding to spare but they don't. Remember the Charmin commercials where the kids would stuff the toilet paper into their clothes for occasions such as this....maybe that's an option. :) I'm still proud of her for trying again though.













And now, if you are a family member don't read any more.....I bought Lisa Sawyer's Scuffie Slipper pattern and fell in love with it. I love clogs too. I'm going to try that one next. Guess what everyone is getting for Xmas this year? I'm going to try to size it down for kids too. I really like Lisa's designs. She's classy or has a classic style. I hope she doesn't take that the wrong way. Her patterns are written in a personal way too which I like too. Bravo Lisa, keep it up!

1 Comments:

Blogger LoomKnittingDesigns said...

Amy,

I love your description of my patterns - classy and classic :) Thank you! I appreciate that wonderful compliment.

Your Scuffies came out beautifully! Don't you like that color yarn? I just grabbed it off the shelf at Michael's the other day to make my slippers - but I think it's my new favorite. Classic looking :)

I hope you're little one's bottom heals quick. I smacked my rear a little hard once while snowboarding. I feel her pain...

Keep up the beautiful knitting,
Lisa

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home