spunkybluecat

Our adventures in postcard exchange.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Wedding shower gifts

These are the gifts I made for my cousin's wedding shower gift. THANK YOU to everyone who gave me ideas. I tried a little of everything. I hope she likes them. Pictured are hair headbands, a soap sachet, a small purse, a facecloth with a butterfly on it and a coaster (I made 4) with a C monogram for her last name in the middle (all done on LoominCat's dishcloth rake), some potholders/heat pads, and a plastic bag chute. I really like the yarn I used for the purse and the hair bands. The hair headbands were all nobo no boundaries yarn, they are a mixture of nylon/rayon/acrylic/mohair and super soft. (stock# 377/3 MUL 1274 dyelot# 417, stock# 375/1 MUL 1132 dyelot# 514, stock#377/3 MUL 1281 dyelot# 408) The purse almost looked like it was felted (besides being able to see the stitches but that is what the yarn looked like). (Action NY yarns id# 38052, colour 04, dye lot 348) I was really proud of the coaster and butterfly cloth too. The cloth is the first one I have converted and the coaster was the first I had designed myself. Wedding shower is tomorrow and I'm co-hosting it so it's been a busy day. It'll be even busier tomorrow but it will be fun though, it's all family!




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the headbands, I hope I get one!!! Ha.

Christie

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home