spunkybluecat

Our adventures in postcard exchange.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Latest loom knitting

This is a picture of my first washcloth. Cathy Rodammer (aka LoominCat) makes dishcloth rakes and this was my first attempt at using it. The rake is super light weight and really nice. I wish my cloth could do it justice though. It supposed to be two baby's footprints and have bobbled toes. This was my first attempt at bobbles too, I definitely need to practice. And apparently I need to learn to count as well! The top edge is wider than the bottom edge! Lessons learned...

I finished my Gma's shawl too. This is a picture of the of the lace stitch from Anne Bipes booklet. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I hope she is too. I hope she'll let me take a picture of her so I can post it on here. :)

These are pictures showing the crocheted edge I put onto it. It helped with the curling and gave it a nice finish. The other picture is of the shawl right after I removed it from the loom. I've been working on other things as well. I'm currently temporarily laid off for a week after returning to work for just two weeks so I have a little time. I'm making something for Lynn Markman's group and her TTT project. I've been asked about the status of a couple of patterns. The cow hat pattern is complete and will be posted this week and the raglan sweater is still being tested but VERY close to being done. I'm happy to announce I will be adding some of Dora Renee Wilkerson's patterns to the site as well. More choices for everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home