spunkybluecat

Our adventures in postcard exchange.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Still alive...




I'm still alive. I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted anything. Of course it is always chaos around here so it's not really THAT surprising. I have a lot to catch up on! We did find a place and have moved. We're in Bloomfield, KY. I thought I was out in the country at our last house but boy was I wrong. The nearest town is Chaplin and "downtown" consists of a post office, mini-mart/gas station, hardware store and a church. Just a flashing yellow light to slow you down enough to see it! We have five acres still, the house is smaller, but boy we have a heck of a view of the world around us. I think what I'm excited about the most is that the previous owners had sheep. I have a pasture and barn ready for them. My chickens have a mansion of a chicken coup compared to what they had at the old house and they seem a lot happier too. SO...I'm looking into getting some sheep and alpaca for the fiber so I can spin yarn. Dora Renee is a bad influence. Truffles has spoiled her :) And now I'm getting an Angora rabbit too thanks to her! She's the greatest. I'm looking forward to being able to make something from start to finish. From animal to garment. And I will learn a LOT about yarn. I found a local farm and spinnery, just 15 minutes from me too!! Koenig Farm. I'm excited. I have a lot to look forward to....

2 Comments:

Blogger Sorka said...

ooooh the place looks lovely!! Congratulations!!!
Denise
knitchat.com

9:37 AM  
Blogger Robbyn said...

OMG.. *I* just moved to Bloomfield. I have never run into anyone who was a neighbor!!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home