spunkybluecat

Our adventures in postcard exchange.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Nervous, excited and amazed...

Sunday Ella, Allie and I went to visit a local alpaca owner, Linda. Of course when I left I was on my way home to make a new home for them. I was hooked as soon as we walked into the barn. They are just amazing. I forgot that I was checking them out for the fiber, honestly. Until Linda and her husband harnessed one so that I could feel them I had completely forgotten about it. They are SO soft and THICK! Linda gave me samples of their wool which I have pictures below too. But, back to them...their names are Tesaro, Smiley and Sabado. They are very curious and like to smell you as you can see in the pictures with the girls. They loved them too and keep asking me when they get to come home. I'm nervous cause I want to be able to take good care of them. They have a really nice setup where they are and I feel like they might be offended at my place! I'm excited to be able to have the chance to be around them and can't wait to be able to watch them. If you can't tell, I'm fascinated. I'm extremely grateful to Linda and her husband for taking a chance on a newbie (THANK YOU LINDA!). I have to get my behind in gear and work on the barn and pasture for them. I will be posting a ton of pictures so everyone will probably be sick by the end of the year but it's my blog and you'll just have to survive :) I wish I could describe what it's like being around them. I felt really peaceful when I was with them. They are so gentle when they smell you and they are so soft as they just lightly brush your face with theirs. Keep checking back in, you'll fall in love too....



























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home