spunkybluecat

Our adventures in postcard exchange.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Ups and Downs

Today we celebrated Caleb's 11th birthday. Time is going too fast. He's already at the age where you don't know what to get them so you get them clothes and you KNOW that isn't what they want. That in-between awkard age. Almost too old for "toys" but not old enough not to get some. His birthday was actually the 1oth but he was at his Mom's and had school. Yesterday wasn't a good day. One of my baby goats had a case of scours which we have under control now but the other for some reason just stopped eating. He was doing so much better than the other and then all of a sudden I couldn't get him to take his bottle. I forced him to take some but he just wouldn't. He died in my arms. I really hate it. I can't stand not to be able to help something like that. I don't know what I did wrong or if I did do anything wrong. I got our goats from a livestock auction so I'm sure there was a reason he was being sold off so young in the first place, but still. Our other baby is so sweet. He just loves attention and loves following everyone around. Our two girls are doing good too. They are just as curious. I really enjoy being around them. I just wish I could have prevented BillyBob from slipping away. I guess I can only try to do the best I can for the others.
Today was better. Still a little gloomy after yesterday. The best part of the day was a "Muffins with Mom" time with Ella at school. They all sang for us and had pictures they had drawn. They told us what made us special (in thier eyes). It was really sweet. One of those times when you're so proud of your child and love them so much you have tears in your eyes. You actually feel a little ache in your heart. I've often wondered about this "ache." It amazes me that our body can produce such an intense "feeling" that it causes on organ inside our body to ache. And you usually associate an ache with pain but these aches come from joyous occasions too. I do believe people can die of a broken heart (I've felt that pain but apparently not as bad as I thought or else I wouldn't be here) and they can also die of sheer joy as well (I'm in no hurry for this one...too much I want to see and experience). It just seems kind of a strange experience. I wonder what it's purpose is?
Well, after reading Dora's blog I'm going to spend the weekend with the kids in focus. I hope every MOTHER out there has a great Mother's Day. And even if you don't have kids you probably take care of someone (another relative, friend or even pet) in the same way and deserve just as much recognition so here's to all of you as well....Happy Mother's Day! You ARE SPECIAL AND LOVED!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger CoralPoetry said...

Hi,

You have a nice blog. It is my ambition to run a farm in France or Spain. I love the goats, especially Billy Bob. How much ($) did the goats cost you?

Good luck with finding a new income - and life after Ford Motors.

Regards,
Coral

7:55 AM  
Blogger Dora Renee Wilkerson said...

I am so sorry to here about Billy Bob. I know it's hard.

Just know that sometimes there is just nothing you can do to stop things like that from happening. I hate it to.

Take care Amy,

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home